Are you looking for a highly engaging and multifaceted opportunity to assist in-house attorneys with a variety of legal projects in a diverse and collegial environment? The Legal Division within Freddie Mac is searching for creative individuals to join our organization!
- We provide legal support, advice and advocacy for the entire enterprise. Freddie Mac attorneys specialize in diverse legal areas including single-family and multifamily real-estate transactions, litigation, corporate governance, mortgage backed securities, regulatory affairs, employment, and records management.
- We partner with business clients to assist and support meaningful projects and initiatives throughout the company.
- In this role you will come away with a deeper understanding of the role of in-house counsel, the legal risks faced by financial institutions, and the mortgage market and Freddie Mac’s key role within it
- You will be exposed to many departments within the Legal Division and have opportunities to participate in professional development and pro-bono experiences
- You will support the company’s important mission within the mortgage industry
- You will work collaboratively with internal and external partners across the organization
- Your work may include the following:
- Conducting legal research and summarizing the results in written memos and orally to Legal Division attorneys
- Drafting, reviewing, revising and providing substantive commentary on contracts, statements of work, corporate forms, policies and procedures and correspondence.
- Researching and analyzing proposed and existing legislation and regulations for applicability to Freddie Mac and the industry
- Assisting in the assessment of business unit exposure by identifying legal risks and evaluating their potential impact
- Attending hearings, trainings, meetings, briefing sessions, and seminars
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Rising second or third year law student at an ABA accredited law school
- Outstanding research, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to work well and cohesively with a team of legal professionals
- Well-organized, self-directed, and able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including WORD and Excel
- Demonstrated interest in the mortgage market and/or the housing finance industry
- Availability to begin an internship with our 2021 class beginning in May
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Must be a phenomenal teammate and able to work collaboratively
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Intern / Temporary