Sip your way to refreshment with a classic Starbucks Lemonade! A perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors, this vibrant and zesty beverage is the ultimate thirst quencher. Save money with a DIY lemonade and enjoy a refreshing drink any time you have a craving.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Starbucks Lemonade So Good?
Nothing can compare to a glass of ice-cold lemonade for instant refreshment on a hot summer day. The classic-style lemonade from Starbucks is just about as old-school as it can get and uses only real lemon juice, cane sugar, and filtered water. There is nothing artificial here.
The taste is bright without being overly tart or cloyingly sweet. It is the perfect drink for sipping while lounging around the pool or taking on a picnic in the park.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
When you were a kid, powdered lemonade mix was the go-to summer drink option. But you have grown up, and so should your lemonade.
Lemonade from Starbucks is the real deal, but it only takes a few minutes to prepare. As written, this recipe makes one extra large serving, but you can easily triple it to make a pitcher and keep extra in the fridge so you won’t run out.
You can make this homemade lemonade recipe for a fraction of the cost of what you’d pay for lemonade at Starbucks. And it’s better than store-bought lemonade.
Ingredients You Will Need
To recreate the lemonade at Starbucks at home, you’ll need:
- Cold water
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
For the best taste, use bottled or filtered water.
Always try to use freshly squeezed lemon juice, but you can go with bottled lemon juice in a pinch. It will still taste better than any powdered mix.
Do you want to pack even more lemon flavor into this drink? Try replacing a quarter cup of lemon juice with half a teaspoon of lemon oil.
How to Make Lemonade
To prepare a glass of this Starbucks Lemonade recipe:
- Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a pitcher or mixing bowl with a spout.
- Stir the sugar and lemon juice with the handle of a wooden spoon until a thick, syrupy paste.
- Add the water slowly while continuing to stir.
- Refrigerate for later or pour over a glass filled with ice.
To prepare a pitcher:
- Fill a pitcher with ice.
- Add water, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir until combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the lemonade into a glass or mason jar filled with ice cubes.
What to Serve With Lemonade Starbucks Style
Garnish a tall glass of Starbucks Lemonade with a lemon wheel and slip in a straw to make sipping more convenient.
How Long Does Homemade Lemonade Last?
Store any leftover lemonade inside an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days, but try to drink it as quickly as possible for the best flavor. Some of the sugar will likely collect on the bottom of the container, so be sure to stir it well before serving.
What Starbucks Drinks Are Made With Lemonade
The lemonade at Starbucks is the basis for some of the chain’s popular summer drinks. Try making some of these at home:
- Starbucks Strawberry Acai Lemonade The combination of sweet and tart lemonade, white grape juice, strawberries, and acari berries, makes this beverage irresistible. This Strawberry Acai Lemonade copycat recipe is a good one.
- Starbucks Green Tea Lemonade Lemonade sweetens up earthy green tea and gives it a bit of brightness in this totally simple Green Tea Lemonade recipe.
- Starbucks Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade There is a lot going on in this copycat Starbucks peach green tea lemonade recipe, but the flavors are spot on. The combination of peach juice, mint-infused green tea, and lemonade may be the ultimate thirst quencher.
- Starbucks Matcha Lemonade Matcha is known for its potential health benefits and bitter vegetal flavors. But when you combine matcha with lemonade, something incredible happens. You end up with a drink that is amazingly smooth and addictive but still delivers all that good stuff like L-theanine and antioxidants plus a touch of caffeine. Try this copycat recipe to make Starbucks Matcha Lemonade at home.
More Refreshing Starbucks Drinks
Favorite Summer Drinks
Check out more of my easy drink recipes and the best Starbucks copycat recipes on CopyKat!
You can make refreshing Starbucks lemonade at home with this easy copycat recipe.
Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ice to serve
- 2 lemon slices to garnish (optional)
Combine the water, sugar, and lemon juice and mix until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Pour over ice and serve with a lemon slice (optional).
You can add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon oil to this recipe for added flavor. If you add lemon oil, reduce the lemon juice to 1/4 cup.
This recipe works best with freshly squeezed lemon juice, as opposed to store-bought lemon juice.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.02g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.1mg