Microwave bacon is a game-changer! It saves you time and effort while still packing that delicious crispy texture you love. So put away your frying pan and get ready to learn the ultimate bacon hack! With these simple steps you’ll have perfectly cooked crispy bacon in no time at all!
As a busy mom, I depend on easy tricks like this one to get food cooked and on the table! Whether I’m making breakfast or my favorite BLT, microwaving bacon is a huge kitchen hack!
Why You’ll Love Learning How to Make Microwave Bacon
- It’s quick! You can make bacon in five minutes with this easy microwave recipe.
- Perfect for small batches. If you’re looking to make just a few slices of bacon for breakfast or for a sandwich, using the microwave is the perfect way to make bacon without as much mess.
- Easy clean-up. There is less grease mess to cleanup when you make bacon in the microwave. There aren’t any pans to deal with!
Is it safe to cook bacon in the microwave oven?
Yes, it is safe to cook bacon in the microwave. It’s one of the easiest ways to cook it as long as you follow proper cooking instructions. I recommend watching the bacon quickly as it can go from crisp and delicious to burned very easily. Also, be sure to handle the hot bacon carefully.
How to Make Crispy Bacon in a Microwave
To make this recipe, you will need as many slices of bacon as you would like to cook and a microwave-safe plate or microwave-safe dish.
The number of slices you can cook at one time depends on the size of the plate you use. I recommend only cooking one layer of bacon at a time.
- Place two paper towels on top of a microwave safe plate.
- Lay the bacon in a single layer on the plate, keeping the strips from touching each other.
- Place two more paper towels on top of the bacon.
- Cook the bacon in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked to your desired doneness. If the bacon isn’t done after 4 minutes, cook in 30 second intervals until crispy.
- Allow to cool on the plate for around 2 minutes before serving.
Storing Leftover Bacon Made in the Microwave
Allow the bacon to cool completely, then put the leftovers a zipper bag and remove as much air as possible. Then store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze it. Put individual portions in paper towels or wax paper before freezing.
Recipe Tips & FAQs
How long does it take to cook perfect bacon in the microwave?
Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the bacon and the power of the microwave. In general, you can do 1 minute per slice of bacon. Thicker bacon will take longer to cook.
Do I need to cover the bacon when cooking in the microwave?
Yes! It helps prevent bacon grease splattering and keep the microwave clean. This makes clean up so easy!
Place a layer of paper towels on your plate then the bacon. Cover the bacon slices with another layer of paper towels and microwave! Then you can just throw away the paper towels!
Can I cook bacon in the microwave without paper towels?
You can but you’re going to end up with splattered grease in the microwave and a bigger cleaning job. You can also get a microwave bacon cooker or tray!
Check out the one below if you’re looking for an alternative to paper towels.
How do I know when the bacon is cooked?
The bacon is cooked when it is crispy and browned to your liking. I recommend cooking it for shorter amounts of time and keeping an eye on it. You can always microwave longer but once you’ve burned the bacon, it’s all over!
If you’re looking for another alternative to pan-frying bacon, try Air Fryer Bacon!
More Easy Microwave Recipes
If you’re looking for more easy recipes for the microwave, you can stay in the breakfast realm and try Microwave Hard Boiled Eggs!
You can also hit dinner and dessert with our Microwave Macaroni Cheese and Easy Mug Cake recipes!
Get your bacon fix in just minutes! Learn how to make bacon in the microwave! Crispy, delicious, and mess-free!
- 4-5 strips of bacon (depending on your plate size)
Place two paper towels on top of a microwave safe plate.
Lay the bacon in an even layer on the plate, keeping the strips from touching each other.
Place two more paper towels on top of the bacon.
Cook the bacon in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked to your desired doneness. If the bacon isn’t done after 4 minutes, cook in 30 second intervals until crispy.
Allow to cool on the plate for around 2 minutes before serving.