Homemade Ranch Dip – this is rich and creamy, lively herbaceous, and it’s an easy refreshing way to upgrade fresh vegetables. It’s excellent for lunches, parties, outdoor cookouts or just to have on hand to snack on with nutritious veggies.
Easy Sour Cream Ranch Dip Recipe
A cool veggie ranch dip that’s better than packet mixes but nearly just as easy to make!
It’s brimming with fresh flavor, it’s supremely creamy, and the added fat in the dip may help better absorb the nutrients of fresh vegetables.
It only requires a handful of ingredients and there are several variations to switch the flavor profile up.
Ways to Use It
And it isn’t limited to just use as just a condiment for vegetables. You can use this ranch dip to dunk chicken nuggets or chicken tenders, pizza, baked fries, chips, or crackers.
You could also use it as a spread for a sandwich or over a turkey burger. So many possibilities with this deliciously tasty, abundantly herby dip!
Ranch Dip Recipe Ingredients
- Mayonnaise: preferably use a good quality mayo such as Hellman’s or Best Foods.
- Sour cream: I like to use a sour cream that is made up of just one ingredient – cultured cream without other added ingredients.
- Lemon juice: Use fresh lemon for best flavor.
- Fresh parsley, chives and dill: If you don’t have fresh for all of these see amounts to use below.
- Fresh garlic: In a pinch 1/2 tsp dried garlic powder will work here as well.
- Salt and black pepper: You can season to taste but I’ve listed amounts I prefer in the recipe below.
How to Make Homemade Ranch Dip
- In a mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon, parsley, chives, dill, dill, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bacon cheddar ranch dip: You can also add 8 slices chopped cooked bacon and 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar to the dip. Replace mayonnaise with 8 oz. softened cream cheese.
- Fiesta ranch dip: Add a can 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, (drained well). Mix in 1 cup cooked corn, 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar and 1 tsp chili powder. Omit dill.
- Spicy jalapeno ranch dip: Add 1 – 2 diced jalapeños, 1 Tbsp lime juice, use 1/4 cup fresh cilantro in place of dill.
How to Make it Healthier
- To make a lower fat version try this with plain Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise for a Greek yogurt ranch dip.
- Replace full fat sour cream with low fat sour cream.
Making it with Dried Herbs
Fresh herbs to taste best in this dip but you can also make this with dried herbs in a pinch. Here are the amounts to use.
- 2 Tbsp dried fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill
How to Store and Shelf Life
- Store dip in fridge in an airtight container.
- Don’t keep at room temperature longer than 2 hours.
- This ranch dip can last up to 5 days.
More Delicious Dip Recipes to Try
Ranch Dip Recipe
A rich and creamy, lively herbaceous, and easy refreshing way to upgrade fresh vegetables. It’s excellent for lunches, parties, outdoor cookouts or just to have on hand to snack on with nutritious veggies.
Servings: 12 people (about 2 cups total)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
In a mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon, parsley, chives, dill, dill, garlic, salt and pepper.
Use right away or store in the fridge in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Ranch Dip Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Trans Fat 0.03g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Vitamin A 723IU14%
Vitamin C 9mg11%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.